My office chair was a little old and worn out looking. Not a very nice chair, it's a leftover from my college days:
It doesn't look that bad from far away, but the fabric was really old and yucky:
So, I decided to re-upholster the chair with some really cute fabric I found from tonic living. First, I had to disassemble the chair and remove the old fabric. This turned out to be much more involved than I had originally thought.
I thought the fabric would just rip off, but it definitely did not! I cut most of it off, and then used a flat-head screwdriver and pliers to get the staples and the rest of the fabric off.
The foam was still in pretty good shape, so I left it as is and just replaced the fabric.
I added a layer of quilt batting underneath the fabric and stapled both to the back with a staple gun.
After doing this to both the top and bottom pieces, I reattached both to the original frame. I think the finished piece turned out pretty nice!